◷ Reading Time: 3 minutes
The process of approving a building plan contains a set of steps according to building type, building size, number of stories, etc. The example shows how to use FlexRule Decision tables to write rules in order to automate the process of selecting the right assessment to approve a building plan.
These are the steps of creating this project:
1. Create the Fact Concept file to model the input and variables.
2. Add a Boxed Expression file to define the expressions and formulas used for the calculations in the rules.
3. Create each Decision Table to add rules according to each category (i.e., Density, Zone, Height, Assessment, etc )
4. Add a DRD to connect all of the created decision tables according to the data flow.
How to Run
1. Open the file DRD.xml
2. Click on Debug with JSON composer
3. Load one of the given sample JSON files (samples are in the folder SampleJSON in your project folder) or enter input data manually.
4. Click OK
5. Click Next Step to go step by step.
6. You will see the output in the Parameters window
The project (BuildingPlanApproval.zip) can be downloaded from the attachment at the end of the page.