◷ Reading Time: 5 minutes
The tutorial will use the scenario of checking the eligibility of a pilot to schedule flight duties.
There are rules and regulations defined by the aviation authority such as the maximum flight period, the maximum number of night shifts that a pilot can work, etc. For example, the maximum duty period should be 12.5 hours.
The process contains a set of main steps:
- Count the number of landings
- Calculate daily flight duty period
- Calculate flight time
- Check the eligibility of the duty
The project contains the following files:
DRD (Decision Requirement Diagram)
- DRD.xml: Shows the data flow
- CalculateFlightTime.xml: Calculate flight times taking into account the difference between landing times
- Check Eligibility.xml: Make a final decision on the pilot’s eligibility to fly
- DailyFlightDutyPeriod.xml: Calculate the daily flight duty period
- LandingCount.xml: Calculate the number of night and day shifts
- Crew.xml: Define the crew object
- BoxedExpression.xml: Define the formulas that are repeatedly used in the project
The Flow Design
1. Define the crew object as a Fact Concept. This is the final JSON object with all the details of a crew member.
2. Add the daily flight period calculation formula as a Boxed Expression
3. Define rules to count the number of day and night shifts of landings per trip.
4. Define rules to calculate daily flight period
5. Calculate the total flight time
6. Check the pilot’s eligibility to fly
- Check Eligibility.xml
7. Define the complete path of the flow.
How to Run
1. Open the file Flow.xml
2. Click on Debug with JSON composer.
3. Load one of the given sample JSON files (samples are in the folder Sample JSONs in your project folder) or enter data manually.
4. Click OK
5. Click Next Step to go step by step.
6. You will see the output in under Parameters window
Download the project
Use the attachment at the end of the page to download the sample project (FlightDutyManagement.zip).