◷ Reading Time: 6 minutes
How to Create the Tree
To create a tree, drag and drop Area and Files from the Toolbox or Rule Project explorer.
1. Select the command (Area) from the toolbox
2. Drag the Area under the publish node
3. Drop the Area (release your mouse button)
And then you can do the same for “File” and set the “Source” property of the file. Or you can simply drag and drop from your rule project explorer.
1. Select the file from project explorer
2. Drag it under the appropriate Area node
3. Drop the file (release your mouse button)
When you are linking a logic file (file in your project explorer) using the drag and drop technique, it automatically creates a File node under the Area. You don’t need to add File from the toolbox first.
You have the option to deploy the profile as:
- Hierarchical nested folder structure
- Single decision module file
Check the Type property of your profile to set this behaviour.
Properties of a sample profile are as follows.
This is the service URL with the above properties.
- Title: Title of the service
- Name: Service name
- Destination: Where to save the package file
- Entry Uri: Name of the file that should run first (If there are multiple files, this is the main flow file)
- Version: Package and service versions
- Identifier: Package name
Once you create the file, they are reflected on the server as below.
Identifier as Package name, and Version as Version
Name as Service name
Other properties are reflected under service –> Edit
Before you publish, you need to validate your package model. This validation identifies issues with your package model. Validating a package model is no different than validating other models in your FlexRule Designer (Click on Validate button ).
When you have built the structure of your Decision Module and you are ready to publish it (either to a file/folder structure of a single package file), you need to go to Tools->Publisher and select “Publish a Profile” from the menu as is shown below:
Using Command Line
FlexRule Designer accepts some parameters and can build your package from the console command line.
FlexRule.Designer.exe [Project File] -plugin FlexRule.Designer.Deployment.dll -run "build package" -profile [Profile file path] -includeAssemblies -version [Package version] -identifier [Package identifier] -output [Package location to save]
- plugin: This parameter must remain as above FlexRule.Designer.Deployment.dll as we are targeting the publisher plugin.
- run: This parameter is the command that is defined within the plugin. It should remain the same as the above build package
- profile: Defines a Decision Module file relative to the location of your rule project. If multiple Decision Module needs to be added, multiple profile parameters can be used.
- includeAssemblies: ensures all the assemblies in the project will be included in the package.
- version: Defines the package version
- identifier: Defines the package identifier
- output: This is the full path to which the package is saved.
Below command creates a package for our sample XBRL project:
FlexRule.Designer.exe "D:\XBRL Rules\XBRL.frpj" -plugin FlexRule.Designer.Deployment.dll -run "build package" -profile "Publish\XBRL Package.xml" -includeAssemblies -version 1 -identifier "XBRL Validation Rules" -output "d:\XBRL Validation Package.frdp"
The package will be stored at d:\XBRL validation package.frdp