◷ Reading Time: 2 minutes
- you don’t set up your Visual studio project properly, or
- some assemblies are missing from the executing folder from which you run rules
…you may receive the following exception error:
The type initializer for 'Q' threw an exception.
This means that not all the Framework assemblies are copied across to your output build folder.
There are two ways doing the setup:
- Manual setup
- Change output folder
Every time you run your project, make sure all the assemblies are available in the output folder. Visual Studio removes and cleans the output folder when it feels like it.
Change output folder
The way to do this is:
- Make a folder (named “Output”)
- copy all FlexRule assemblies from the [installedPath]\Framework folder to Output (where you created in the previous step).
- copy your license file to that folder (Output)
- Set your project output to that folder, similar to the picture below: