◷ Reading Time: 4 minutes
The traditional RPA will only mimic human activities such as mouse clicks, moves, and typing in a text box. However, Decision Robotics is capable of being a part of the decision-making process.
Install the Robotics Extension
Once you open FlexRule Designer, go to the Extension Manager
Tools --> Extension Manager
and download the Robotics Extension. Once you install it, you will be able to see that the status as installed.
Show Robotics Toolbox
To enable the Robotics toolbox, go to the following:
Project --> Properties --> Extensions
and click the Robotics toolbox.
The Robotics toolbox will then be visible in the main toolbox to be used in your model.
Creating your first project
- Create a new project in FlexRule Designer.
2. Create a General Flow File.
3. Define a variable to hold the browser instance.
- Direction: Local
- Name: browser
4. Add a start node.
5. Add a Navigate To node.
You can simply close any pop-up windows like this one as we will be editing the properties later.
6. Click on the Navigate To node and edit the properties.
- Uri (The site you want to navigate to): https://www.google.com/
- Browser Type: Chrome
- Private Mode (i.e., whether it needs to be in incognito mode): False
- Copy Result To (This is the variable we defined in the previous step): browser
7. Add a Stop node and connect all the nodes.
8. Now you can Run the project.
Click Yes to save the project.
Click OK as there is no input.
You will be able to see that it navigates to Google.
Download the sample project
Download the sample from the attachment at the end of the page (MyRoboticsProject.zip).
More sample projects are available on our sample project page.