◷ Reading Time: 2 minutes
To use GitHub as your version control system, you should first create a repository and generate a token.
These are the steps to create the token from GitHub:
- Navigate to https://github.com/ and log into your GitHub account.
If you don’t have an account, create one first.
- Go to Settings under your account.
3. Select Developer Settings from the list of options on the left.
4. Select Personal access tokens.
5. Click on Generate new token
6. Add a note, select the expiration date and scope for the token.
7. Click Generate token to generate the token
8. The token will be generated.
Minimum Required Scopes to Access the Repository via Token
- Minimum requirements for Private Repository
- Minimum Authentication Requirements for Public Repository