◷ Reading Time: 3 minutes
This guide takes you through the process of retrieving your service account key which is needed for deploying a Google Cloud Function.
Setting up your Project
1. Log in to your Cloud console account, if you are new you can create an account by using this link.
2. In the Cloud Console, on the project selector page, select or create a Google Cloud project.
3. Enable billing for your Cloud project. Click the navigation menu and then select Billing.
On the billing page, click Add Billing Account.
4. Enable the Cloud APIs. Click the navigation, select APIs and services and the select Library.
Search for Cloud Functions and Cloud Build APIs, then enable them.
Creating a service account key
1. In the Cloud Console, go to the Create service account page and provide the required Service account details.
2. Click Create, then Select a role field. Under Quick access, click Basic, then click Owner.
3. Proceed with the next steps, once done creating the service account do not close your browser window. You will use it in the next step.
4. Click the email address for the service account that you created.
5. Click Keys, then Add Key, and lastly click Create new key.
6. From the pop-up, select JSON and then click Create. After that a JSON key file will be downloaded to your computer.