◷ Reading Time: 5 minutes
FlexRule Runner allows the users to run a project without installing FlexRule Designer. It only requires the project package, FlexRule Runtime environment, and the JSON input file (if necessary) to run a built project.
How to run a package
1. Run the Runner application.
2. Add Runtime location and the Runtime license (flexrule.license.lic) path
- If you don’t have a Runtime in your machine, you can download the Runtime, by clicking on the button Download FlexRule Runtime NuGet.
- The Runtime license can be downloaded from your profile.
3. Add the package file to run ( eg: Supplier_Assessment.frdp).
4. Run the package.
You can schedule a package to run using Task Scheduler. It uses Windows Task Scheduler and runs the given packages according to the given schedule.
1. Click on the Tasks List icon to see the tasks.
2. The list of tasks can be viewed as follows.
3. Click on the new task icon to schedule a new task.
4. Give a task name, description, package, and the JSON input file.
5. Choose task triggers.
6. Setup the trigger time.
7. Task summary will be shown and finish the process to add the task.
Now the created task will run according to the schedule.
Test the Created Task
If you want to test the task, click on “Run selected task”. Then it will run the task immediately.
Log files are available to view the logs and exceptions.
The database file is also available with the uploaded package details.
Some packages require extensions loaded during execution and these assemblies need to be added in this setting.
You can load all the related assemblies to the list before running the project.
You can edit the list.
If you get the following error, that means you should run the runner as administrator.
Download an example
Download a sample package and input file using the attachment at the end of the page.