◷ Reading Time: 8 minutes
Create a Publish Profile
To create a tree, drag and drop Area and Files from the Toolbox or Rule Project explorer.
1. Select the command (Area) from the toolbox
2. Drag the Area under the publish node
3. Drop the Area (release your mouse button)
And then you can do the same for “File” and set the “Source” property of the file. Or you can simply drag and drop from your rule project explorer.
1. Select the file from the project explorer
2. Drag it under the appropriate Area node
3. Drop the file (release your mouse button)
When you are linking a logic file (file in your project explorer) using the drag and drop technique, it automatically creates a File node under the Area. You don’t need to add a File from the toolbox first.
You have the option to deploy the profile as:
- Hierarchically nested folder structure
- The single decision module file
Check the Type property of your profile to set this behavior.
Assemblies should reside the root of the package when a package is built. Therefore,
Name property of assemblies should address
2 levels up.
Assemblies can be added to the publish profile as below.
Create an Area for bin folder and add the assemblies there
Also, make sure the assemblies extensions
*.dll are added as part of the inclusion list.
*.dll as an inclusion of the profile to include the assemblies
Before you publish, you need to validate your package model. This validation identifies issues with your package model. Validating a package model is no different than validating other models in your FlexRule Designer (Click on Validate button ).
Publish a Profile
When you have built the structure of your Decision Module and you are ready to publish it (either to a file/folder structure of a single package file), you need to go to Tools->Publisher and select “Publish a Profile” from the menu as is shown below:
If you selected ZipPackage as Type, the
.frd package file will be created at the given location.
Deploy the Created Publish Profile Package
Once you have created the Publish Profile Package, it can be deployed directly.
- Click on the Deploy icon to open deployment options.
- Select the package file.
- All the package file settings are prefilled using the properties.
- Therefore, you can select a deployment option from the drop-down list and deploy it.
Settings for FlexRule Server
This section explains how the properties of the publish profile maps with the service URL and the FlexRuler Server package properties.
Properties of a sample profile are as follows.
This is the service URL with the above properties.
- Destination: This is the folder where the linked files and areas will be pushed/ the zip file will be created.
- Display Title: Each Decision Module may have a display title that can be set using this property.
- Entry Uri: Name of the file that should run first (If there are multiple files, this is the main flow file).
- Home: Base folder where all logic documented can be found. Leave it empty to use the current project folder automatically. Specify a valid path for a custom-specific folder location.
- Name: This is the name of the package file (.frd file) and the service.
- Directory: Create separate folders inside the given Destination
- ZipPackage: Create a package zipped in one package file
- Exclusions: File types to be removed from the package. Add multiple extensions separated by commas
- Inclusions: File types to be added. Add multiple extensions separated by commas
- Identifier: Package name
- Revision: Service version
- Version: Package and service versions
Once you create the file, they are reflected on the server as below.
Download the sample profile using the attachment at the end of the page.