◷ Reading Time: 2 minutes
You can use the Scheduler to run different versions of Services at different times.
This is useful if you have one Package with multiple Services and your old Service has been running for a while, and you now want to load the new version of that Service at a specific time (e.g. at 12 PM today). This will stop using the old version and start using the new version at the specified time.
- A Package can include multiple Service versions with business logic and processes.
- All Services (with different versions) inside a Package can be scheduled. In this case, all Services must be enabled.
- A Service with Start/End settings has priority over a Service with no Star/End settings.
- If you do not set any schedulers (Star/End settings) for your Services and you have multiple Services, then you should choose a Service version when you call your service via REST API. Otherwise, you will receive an error.
Setup Scheduler for a Service version
- If you have different Service versions, then for each of them you can set up a different Date/Time scheduler. The list of Services is available under
Execute Server --> Services
- The Scheduler is available under your Service Details window. Go to: Execute Server > Services and click on the down arrow under Actions > Edit. Each Service can have Start/End Date and Time.
- If you set up any Schedulers, then you do not need to choose a Service version when you call your service via REST API. Depending on the Date/Time setting that you have chosen for specific Service version, then that Service will be run.
- You should not STOP any Services to make the scheduler work. FlexRule Server finds the best available Service that is enabled based on the Scheduler setting.