◷ Reading Time: 8 minutes
Data Viewer has advanced capabilities to visually analyze and inspect a dataset. The options include:
- Filter on column search
- Filter based on Rules
- Highlight based on rules
- Manipulate and Fix data
- Column’s summary based on aggregate functions (e.g. Count, Min, Max, Average)
- Clone a view in multiple windows
- Support missing values
- Export to CSV and Excel
- Rename Title: To rename the title of the Data Viewer
- Fix Missing Values: Fix the missing values in the dataset
- Column Chooser: Temporary hold the columns to view only specific columns
- Clone Data Viewer: Clone the current data viewer
- Delete Selected Rows: Delete a selected row
- Clear Data List: Clear all the data leaving the column headings
- To a New Data Viewer: View a selected row in a new data viewer window
- Export as: Export the dataset as a CSV/ Excel or JSON file
- Dock to Document Area: Attach the data viewer as a tab of the document area
- Area to Drag a column and group by column: Drag and drop columns to this area to group the dataset
- Search: Search by any word in the dataset
Data Viewer Functionalities
Let’s go through each functionality using the following example. Once you download the sample using the attachment at the end of the page,
- Run the Flow
- Click on
InsuranceClaimsparameter on the Parameters window.
- Click on Viewer to open the Data Viewer.
The following functionalities can be performed using the Data Viewer.
You can group the dataset according to a given column(s).
Drag and drop the column heading to the area which reads, “Drag a column header to group by that column”
Then the dataset will be grouped by that column.
You can drag and drop multiple columns to group according to the order you define.
You can also right-click on the column heading to group by a specific column.
You can search the dataset using the search option.
You can filter data based on column values.
Click on the filter icon on a column. Then it shows the data that you can use to filter.
Alternatively, you can right-click on the column heading to filter.
Filter on Column Search
This can be done by selecting the values.
Filter based on Rules
You can also use the text filters to filter values based on rules.
The rules such as Equals, begins with, Is Blank, etc., are available.
Highlight based on Rules
The Conditional Formatting option is available to highlight the business rules based on conditions. This includes:
- Highlight cell rules based on a given set of conditions
- Highlight unique/ duplicate values
- Highlight based on custom conditional formattings
Right-click on a column heading and select, Conditional Formatting to see the options.
If you select the Manage Rules option there, you can add custom conditions to format the value.
Click on New Rule to add a new rule.
You can select the rule type and customize it as required.
For example, select the values between 18 to 25.
Click on Format to see the format options.
Click OK to apply changes.
Then you have the option to select the Column in which the condition should be applied and the column that which the formatting should be applied.
Click OK to apply the conditional formatting to the columns.
You can clear the conditional formatting as well.
Manipulate and Fix Data
Column’s Summary based on Aggregate Functions
For each column, you can find the following values in your dataset
- Sum: Summation of values in the column
- Min: The minimum value in the column
- Max: The maximum value in the column
- Count: Total number of rows
- Average: Average of the column values
If you right-click on the bottom of each column, you will see the options.
If you select None, it will remove the selections.
Clone a View in Multiple Windows
You can use the cloning option to clone the dataset view.
This option will be helpful when you want to compare the manipulated datasets.
Support Missing Values
Export to CSV and Excel
The dataset can be exported using the Export As option.
The dataset can be saved as one of these file formats.
- Excel (.xlsx)
- CSV (.csv)
- JSON (.json)
Then the file will be saved in the selected format.
Download the Project
The sample project can be downloaded using the attachment at the end of the page.