◷ Reading Time: 3 minutes
You can use the event viewer in FlexRule Designer to see the step-by-step process of executed logics.
As the first step, run your project.
You can use of the options, Run, Run with JSON Composer or Logic Run Template. You will not see the events if you choose to debug.
Once you finish the execution, events can be seen under the Parameters window.
If you click on $events and then click on the Data Vewer, it will open the Events Viewer window.
Event Viewer shows a detailed view of the logic execution.
- Name of the node in a flow
- The linked file name of the node
- The time it took to run the node in milliseconds
- Passed rules
- The action that took upon a passed rule
- If a rule with multiple expressions failed, the expressions that passed can be seen.
- Failed rules
Search for Events
Type the phrase you want to search and click on “Find and Mark” to mark the search results.
You can search for multiple terms.
To remove a search, type the searched phrase and click on “Remove a Mark”.
And, to mark a result, “Toogle Node Mark” can be used
Analyse Event Log
You can use the event log for further analysis of your project performance.
Once you have the events marked, you can find the following information on their durations.
- Average: Average duration
- Sum: Sum of duration
- Slowest: The longest execution time
- Fastest: The fastest execution time
In the below example, it recorded the duration values as follows.
- Average: 4.503
- Sum: 27.017
- Slowest: 8.958
- Fastest: 0.942
Export Event Log
The event log can also be saved as an Excel spreadsheet.
All the event details (i.e. level, name, type, duration, and result) can be saved as follows.