◷ Reading Time: 11 minutes
This extension allows users to automate the Two Factor Authentication using the One Time Password algorithm.
As a prerequisite, you should activate two-factor authentication on your account.
Currently, the extension supports these accounts:
Activate Two-Factor Authentication on Your Account to Get the Secret Key
As the very first step of using the authenticator extension, you should enable two-factor authentication on your account. It will give you the Secret Key, which will be used as an input of the extension.
These are the steps for Google, Microsoft, and Okta accounts.
1. Click on this link below and log in with your credentials.
You will see a similar set of steps if you choose to verify via a text message sent to your phone.
Log in to the account.
It will show you the mobile device.
Enter the mobile number.
Enter the code you received on your phone.
Now you have successfully activated the 2-step verification.
2. After successfully signing in, you will see the options to add another verification method. Select Authenticator app from the list.
3. Install the Google Authenticator app on your phone.
4. Following the on-screen steps, choose your phone.
5. You should see the QR code, scan it on your phone using the authenticator app.
6. Click on Can’t Scan IT? to see the Secret Key.
7. You will see the Secret key on this screen.
8. Enter the code generated on your phone’s authenticator app.
Once your authentication is successful you will see the following message.
Now you can use the Authenticator extension.
1. Click on the following link and sign in.
2. Go to Security –> Advanced Security Options.
You might get this prompt based on your initial security settings.
3. Install the Microsoft authenticator app on your phone.
4. Click on Add a new way to sign in.
5. Select Use an app.
6. Click on Setup a different Authenticator app.
7. Scan the QR code on your phone using the authenticator app.
8. Click on I Can’t Scan the bar code.
9. You will see the Secret Key on this screen. Also, enter the code generated by the app on your phone.
After successfully entering the correct code generated by the app, you will see the following screen.
1. Log in to your Okta account using the following link.
It will first ask for the company site.
Then you can enter your username and password.
2. Under Okta Verify, select Setup.
3. Select your device type.
4. Install the Okta Verify app on your phone.
5. Scan the QR code using the verify app on your phone.
6. Click on Can’t scan? to see the secret key.
6. You will see the Secret Key.
7. Enter the code generated by the Okta Verify app on your phone.
Once you enter the code, you will see the verification message.
When the Authenticator Extension is installed, the Toolbox will be updated for Flow models.
How to Use the Extension for Two-Factor Authentication
The following tutorial shows you how to use Two-Factor Authentication on the extension.
1. Create a Flow.
2. From the menu Tools –> Extension Manager, install FlexRule.Extensions.Authenticator.
3. Drag and drop an Authenticator node from the toolbox.
4. Enter the Security Key generated during the previous step along with other information.
5. Run or Debug the flow.
You will see the code and the time in the parameters window.
You can verify the Parameters by comparing them to your phone authenticator app.