◷ Reading Time: 3 minutes
What is Input Validation Logic?
This type of logic is used when Constraints (also called “action assertions”) are going to be validated. This model simplifies and centralizes the validation process of logic, data or process in a declarative way. It can be used in all layers of the application (i.e., both server and client sides). It also provides notifications to give feedback as to what has gone wrong if the logic, data or process has not passed the validation logic. The rule logic can be extended using custom commands. Also, it allows the definition of rules that receive input parameters.
It uses an XML-based language to define the logic to be validated.
To add a new Decision Requirement Diagram document,
Document Types --> Decision Logic --> Input Validation Logic
Once you add a document, this will be the window.
Input Validation Logic Properties
- Resources: List of resources to reference
- id: Id of the validation
- Name: Validation logic name
- Is Negative: Negative rule logic
- Tag: A tag attached to this rule. This tag will be sent to the notification center
- Notice Event: Notice an event to write notification
- Notice Type: Notice type of rule when it is failed (Information/ Warning/ Error/ Fatal)
- Message: This message will be sent to the notification center
- Message Id: This message id refers to the key in a referenced resource
- Message Formatter: Formatter of the message by passing some parameters
- Enabled: Is the validation rule enabled otherwise the engine will throw an exception
- Use Agenda: DOes validation pushes the consequences (actions) to Agenda? If so true, otherwise false.
- Aliases Collection: List of aliases of the validation rule
- Variable Definition: List of input and output parameters
- Types Definition: List of Types and Functions
The toolbox has the following items.
At the top menu, you can see the following items.
- Move down the selected node: Move a node
- Move up the selected node: Move a node up
- Delete selected node: Delete a node
- Show properties of node: Show properties of a node
- Expand tree: Show more of a tree node
- Collapse tree: Show less of a tree node
If you click on a node, its property window will appear. The properties vary depending on the node type.
Sample Input Validation Logic
Download the sample input validation logic file (sample-input-validation-logic.zip) using the attachment.