◷ Reading Time: 6 minutes
Approving a loan is a complex process that requires human interaction in order to make certain decisions. This sample will explain the project for a loan approval scenario.
This model has used a Workflow and it gives us the ability to make decisions during a loan application based on the Application Data and results of each decision.
How to Run the Project
1. Open Sample Project
The “Loan Approval” project can be found on FlexRule Welcome screen once you open FlexRule Designer.
If not, it can be found at the default sample project location:
C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Pliant Framework\FlexRule Designer\<designer version>\Samples\Loan Approval Workflow
2. Open the file, “MainWorkFlow.xml” which is the main model that connects all the flows.
2. Click on Debug with JSON Composer.
3. The JSON Composer will be opened. Click OK to start debugging.
4. Click Next Step to go step by step.
At any node, if it asks for the question “Open child model?”, click yes, if you want open and go into the linked file.
5. When it reaches the Collect Application node,
(1) Click on Collect Application Data
(2) Then select a parameter value from the drop-down list
6. When it reaches the Collect Bureau data node,
(1) Click on “Collect Bureau Data”
(2) Select a parameter value from the drop-down list
7. If you have selected Team Review from the above step,
(1) Select Current Actor from the drop-down list
(2) Select the outcome, Approve/ Reject
(3) Click Send
Finally, the execution will be successful.
You will see the output notification in the Notifications window.
All the parameters that pass through the project can be viewed under the Parameters window
1. Add a Workflow
Once you create a project add a Workflow to the project. This is the main file.
2. Collect and validate applications
Collect and validate application data by checking deadlines and age.
A Receive Task tool was used to collect applications and a Validator tool was used to validate.
3. Check eligibility according to the bureau’s standards
The bureau has created a set of standards and rules that should be followed when approving a loan.
A DRD was used to create the flow to check against each rule category.
5. Team review if required
If the routing path was selected as Team Review, it will go to the team review. In this step, a Human Task tool was used and it was assigned to get the approval of two team members. Once both of them are approved, the loan will be accepted.
6. Determine whether the loan is approved
A notification will be sent