◷ Reading Time: 4 minutes
The process of determining the eligibility of providing firearm licenses contains a set of serious rules that require 100% accuracy as it is related to security. The example will show how FlexRule can be used to automate this process.
- Read data from the previous applicant list
- Check whether the applicant is already applied
- For previous applicants, get the previous score
- For new applicants, calculate the score
- Determine eligibility
An Excel sheet contains a list of previous applicants along with their scores (records.csv is inside the project folder).
How to Run
1. Open the file Flow.xml.
2. Click on Debug with JSON composer.
3. Load one of the given sample JSON files (samples are in the folder Sample JSONs in your project folder) or enter the data manually.
4. Click OK.
5. Click Next Step to go step by step.
6. You will see the output under the Parameters window.
These are the steps for creating this project.
1. Create the Fact Concept file to model the input and variables.
2. Create a Decision Table to add rules according to calculate the score.
3. Create a Decision Table to determine the eligibility according to the calculated score.
4. Create a Flow and a node to read data from an Excel sheet to get a list of previous applicants.
5. Add a node to decide whether the applicant has applied previously.
6. Add the decision table that calculates the score of a new applicant to the ‘No’ side of the decision node.
7. Add a node to the ‘Yes’ side of the decision node to get the score of the previous application.
8. Add the decision table that determines the eligibility of the applicant according to the score and completes the flow.
The project can be downloaded from the attachment at the end of the page.